ANTHEM LAKES POLICY CONCERNING VISITATION
EFFECTIVE DATE 14 JULY 2021
First, a personal note — beginning with this: visitation is important and we fully support visitation. This temporary policy is due to outreach this week with the Duval County Department of Health and also AHCA in which they have advised that the positivity rate for tested Duval County residents for the period July 2 through July 8 increased sharply to 15.7%, which is above the 10% threshold above which the CDC urges increased temporary control measures. Further, national data indicates that there are now many reported cases of fully vaccinated persons testing positive. Thus, while the vaccination rate for Anthem Lakes residents is close to 100%, additional temporary precautions are reasonable — but with careful consideration also for the rights of residents, whose home this is, and with regard also for family members and loved ones for whom visitation is also important.
Temporary additional visitation provisions are outlined:
- Indoor visitation will be by appointment as was previously done.
- Outdoor visits (including screen visits if requested) are generally permitted.
- Indoor visits will be in designated areas. For Dockside this would be in resident apartments. For Creekside, depending on specific circumstances as then deemed most appropriate by staff from time to time, it may be in Creekside Commons or in the resident bedroom
- Customary entry screening (questionnaire and temperature checks) is required for indoor visits. Visitors with a fever must defer indoor visitation. Prior travel (including on airplanes) will not be a bar to entry.
- Indoor visits are limited to not more than two visitors per resident during any one visit. Persons visiting indoor must bring and wear a face mask.
- To the extent practical, common areas used by residents and staff should be avoided.
- Frequency and duration limits on indoor visits may be applied.
Ordinary precautions: Masks, hand sanitation, and social distancing during visits continue to be strongly recommended. Masks are required for indoor visits.
Waiver and release: Visitation and travel off campus can increase the risk of potential exposure to Covid and by signature below it is agreed that such risk is voluntarily assumed with no claim against Anthem Lakes and its affiliates.
Signature for Dockside: ______________________________________Resident Name: _______________________________Date: ________________
Signature for Creekside: ___________________________________ Family Member Name: ____________________________ Date: ______________
For context and information purposes, extracts from CDC guidelines follow:
- Visitation. When is visitation allowed?
- Indoor visitation for unvaccinated residents should be limited if the COVID-19 county positivity rate is >10% and <70% of residents in the facility are fully vaccinated.
- Visitors should be counseled about their potential to be exposed to SARS-CoV-2 in the facility if they are permitted to visit.
- Visitors should be screened and restricted from visiting, regardless of their vaccination status, if they have: current SARS-CoV-2 infection; symptoms of COVID-19; or prolonged close contact (within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with someone with SARS-CoV-2 infection in the prior 14 days or have otherwise met criteria for quarantine.
- Visitors, regardless of their vaccination status, should wear a well fitting mask.
- Hand hygiene should be performed by the patient/resident and the visitors before and after contact.
- Facilities should have a plan to manage visitation and visitor flow. Facilities might need to limit the total number of visitors in the facility at one time in order to maintain recommended infection control precautions. Facilities might also need to limit the number of visitors per patient/resident at one time to maintain any required physical distancing.
- If visitation is occurring in a designated area in the facility, facilities could consider scheduling visits so that multiple visits are not occurring simultaneously, to the extent possible.